I am happy to announce that my book, The Corporate Transparency Act Compliance Guide, has found a publisher.
I can't release the publisher's name yet, but stay tuned for an announcement soon.
The Corporate Transparency Act Compliance Guide will be a complete handbook for lawyers and business owners on how to comply with the Corporate Transparency Act.
The book will cover:
- The history and purposes of the Corporate Transparency Act
- The definition of "reporting company" and how to determine whether your company is one
- The 23 exemptions for reporting companies that will be exempted from reporting
- The definition of "beneficial owner" and how to determine whether you are one
- The meaning of "substantial control" and how to determine whether you have it
- Detailed examples of common corporate/LLC structures and how to apply the CTA's rules for determining beneficial ownership to those structures
- The deadline for filing your initial beneficial ownership report and the circumstances that will require you to file an amendment
- Corporate governance strategies and templates for implementing a CTA compliance policy in your company
FinCEN estimates that roughly 30 million U.S. companies will need to comply with The Corporate Transparency Act. Its provisions will result in one of the biggest shifts in corporate governance we have seen in generations.
With an impending implementation date of January 1, 2024, attorneys in the U.S. need to get familiar with this new law and begin the process of advising their clients.
Stay tuned here for more updates on the Corporate Transparency Act Compliance Guide.