Please join me at 12:00 noon, eastern time, on August 18, 2022 for a West Legal presentation on "The Corporate Transparency Act: What to do Now." (Registration fee.)
This course is designed for attorneys and paralegals who advise clients on the formation of corporations, partnerships and LLCs. The coursework relates to the preparation of shareholder agreements and LLC operating agreements and provides model clauses that relate to the corporate governance implications of the CTA.
We will cover:
• The categories of personally-identifiable information (PII) required for each of the company's "company applicants" and "beneficial owners."
• Understanding who is a "company applicant"
• Understanding who is a "beneficial owner"
• How does "substantial control" of the reporting company relate to an individual's status as a "beneficial owner"
• What are the 23 categories of companies that are exempt from filing a beneficial ownership report
• When is a company required to file its first beneficial ownership report
• When is a company required to amend its beneficial ownership report
• Model clauses for shareholder agreements and LLC operating agreements required for CTA compliance